- Field activities unit. This unit of scholars, government, non-government and clerical leaders will visit and work with citizens at the grass root level, organizing dialogue, focus groups and “soft” mediation in areas of potential and ongoing conflict. The field activities unit shall locate potential neuralgic spots concerning radicalizing and already radical “hotspots” throughout the country, approaching community leaders and local religious authorities and engaging into prevention and de-radicalization with a set of activities and actors that directly concern this vital issue. Additionally, the unit shall engage into mapping and analyzing collected field data on the lines of future prevention and attempts on creating an early warning system in this field. The current state of regional and global affairs unfortunately requires a high priority on the issues of counter-radicalization and de-radicalization measures according to the best practices of the UN, the EU, the OSCE and the Council of Europe. These measures include careful work in education, civil society, religious groups, political parties and media. Consequently all of activities connected to the processes of counter-radicalization and de-radicalization in society will be a priority.
- Research Unit on the Dialogue among Civilizations – this Center would be engaged into research and predominantly comparative study in the fields of cultural studies, conflict resolution, multiculturalism and political culture. It will entail scholars from around the globe whose academic interest intertwines with this academic fields and specific geographical areas. Accent shall be also put on research in the fields connected to counter-radicalization and de-radicalization, as well as research connected to emanation of radicalism, mechanism of radicalization of the individual and society as well as mechanisms and modalities for counter-radicalization and de-radicalization.
- Education Unit. It will organize specialist and post-graduate studies focusing on civilization dialogue. It will initiate joint degree awarding and non-degree awarding programmes with universities from Turkey, Spain, the EU and the USA.
This Unit will include a sub-unit on youth non-formal education which will benefit from the support and cooperation of various youth-oriented NGO’s, and especially President Ivanov’s School of Young Leaders Alumni Association.
- Publishing Unit – this Unit would work in the field of publishing books, analytical reports as well as occasional publications that treat important questions concerning challenges and perspectives of inter-cultural and inter-religious dialogue in various regions. The books would be from renowned authors while the analytical reports would be quarterly or semi-annual publications treating tangible political, social and economic topics from the countries involved in the Alliance of Civilizations.
- One of the priority topics of the publishing unit shall also concern the issues of counter-radicalization and de-radicalization as well as related aspects.
- Unit for conference organization – this unit would be in charge of organizing both academic and political conferences that deal with issues of inter-cultural and inter-religious dialogue. The Center would host these conferences involving both scholars from the East and Western scholars that deal in the issues of inter-cultural and inter-religious dialogue. One of the first topics that the conference organizing unit shall address shall be the issue of religious and ethnic radicalism, countermeasures and channeling of already radicalized structures in society as well as the issue of prevention of radicalism in society.
All units shall be coordinated by the Steering Committee of the Foundation Alliance of Civilizations. It consists of the founders, renown experts working in the related fields, representatives of the religious communities, as well as representatives of the partner organizations, supporters and donors.